Separation of Relationship Property

If you are married, in a civil union, or have been in a de facto relationship for three or more years, the Property (Relationships) Act 1976 will apply to you.

The Property (Relationships) Act 1976 is the statute which classifies the assets owned by partners in a relationship. It also governs the way these assets are to be divided between partners when their relationship ends by separation, divorce or death.

Dividing property in accordance with the Property (Relationships) Act can be a difficult process. We can assist you in negotiating with your partner through their lawyer and record your settlement in a binding agreement.

If you need assistance with any of the above issues, or have questions related to the wider areas of relationship property law, give Nichola Christie a call now on 09 379 5828 or email us at [email protected].

Have Questions?
Call Nichola Christie now

Nichola is a Senior Solicitor at Rainey Collins Wright with over 20 years of experience. With expertise in property, trusts, estate administration and relationship property issues she is happy to help with whatever you might need.

Contact Us

If you have any questions at all, or would like to book your free 15 minute consultation, please give us a call on 09 379 5828, send an email to [email protected], or fill out the form below. We will get back to you shortly!

Find Us

We are easily accessible from anywhere in Auckland. Our offices are conveniently located near the University of Auckland at Level 1, 2 Princes Street, Auckland CBD with ample metered parking available nearby.